|::Departments : Clinical : Department of Paediatrics|
DEPARTMENT OF PEDIATRICS|
The Department was started when the K.A.P.V. Govt. Medical College was started in 1997. The Building was donated by EVR Periyar in 1960.
NAME OF THE COURSES OFFERED:MBBS.,MD(ped)
MBBS- plus 2, MD (Pediatrics)-MBBS or DCH
MBBS – 4 ½ yrs
MD – 3yrs & 2yrs(for DCH completed candidates)
Sanctioned Number of seats:
MBBS – 150
Affiliated University (if applicable):
TN Dr. MGR Medical University
As per Government of Tamil Nadu
University Examination Details:
As per Dr. MGR Medical University
PERIODIC ACADEMIC ACTIVITIES HELD IN THE DEPARTMENT:
- Monthly Symposium
- Breast Feeding quiz once in a year.
- Regular theory & Clinical Classes.
- Monthly death audit meet
- Monthly symposium.
- Weekly Journal Club
- Thesis review – Monthly
- Clinical classes daily.
RESEARCH AND PUBLICATION (NATIONAL & INTERNATIONAL – FOR THE PAST 5 YEARS / YEAR WISE:
Did a Poster presentation in the National Pediatric Critical Care Conference at Mangalore 17-19th November.-
National and International Conference Attended:
Attended National Pediatric Critical Care Conference at Mangalore 17-19th November.
PALS International at Madurai, Coimbatore in October and November respectively.
- Shock and its management on 20-4-13
- Breastfeeding and its uses on 26-7-13
- Stem cell therapy on 12-11-13
- Wonderful world of nutrition on 7-12-13
- Vaccination and vaccine accidents on 10-1-14
NO OF UNITS IN THE DEPARTMENT – 2
O.P. Days & Timings: Daily 7:30 am -12:00 pm
I.P. UNITs & ADMISSION DAY (UNIT WISE):
BED STRENGTH OF DEPARTMENT:
- Unit I – Monday, Tuesday
- Unit II – Wednesday, Thursday
- Unit III - Friday, Saturday.
- Unit I – 30, New born – 10
- Unit II- 30, New born – 10
- 150 (Average Per Day – 2012)
- 15 (Average Per Day – 2012)
SPECIAL CLINICS CONDUCTED BY THE DEPARTMENT:
||Well Baby clinic, Child Guidance Clinic
Professor - 1
Associate Professor - 3
Assistant Professor - 5
Senior Resident - 6
Junior Resident - 9