|::Departments : Speciality Department : Paediatric Surgery|
1. DEPARTMENT HISTORY |
· Even before the Mahathma Gandhi Memorial Government Hospital became the Medical College Hospital, the Paediatric Surgical wing was functioning separately at the premises of EVRM Paediatric block. From 1986.
· This hospital was converted to Medical College Hospital in 1997.
· The post of Professor of Paediatric Surgery was created Paediatric Surgery from 03.06.2008 onwards.
1. A case of Congenital Uterine Prolapse treated by Thiersch wiring, published in Indian Journal of Surgery.
2. A case of Pararenal Wilms Tumour operated ,published in Indian Journal of Surgery.
1. OP days and Timings
· Every Tuesdays, Thursdays and Saturdays between 9.00 am to 11.00 am
2. Average OP - 40 patients.
3. Bed strength of the department - 25.
4. Average IP - 30 patients.
5. Types of Surgeries performed
· All Major surgeries of Gastro Intestinal Tract for conditions like Ano Rectal Anamalies, Hirschprung’s Disease, Intestinal Obstruction ( Atrecias, Duplication Cysts, Intussusception, IHPS, Meconium Ileus, Malrotation with Volvulus) Meckel’s Diverticulum, Gastro Oesophageal reflux.
· All major surgeries of Hepato, Biliary and Pancreatic system for conditions like Hepatoblastoma, Choledochal cyst, Biliary atresia, Gall stones, Pancreatic Calculi, Pseudo pancreatic cyst, Portal hypertension.
· Major surgeries of spleen for conditions like Hemolytic anemia, etc.,
· Major surgeries of Kidney and Urinary retract for conditions like Wilms Tumour, Pelvi Ureteric junction obstruction, Vesico Ureteric reflux, PUV, Hypospadias.
· Surgeries for Undescended testis, Congenital hernia, Congenital phimosis.
· Major surgeries of Thorax for conditions like Tracheo Oesophagial fistula, Diaphragmatic hernia, Lung cyst, Empyema thoracis, Pyopericardium, Media stinal tumour.
· Major abdominal wall conditions like Exomphalus, Gastro schisis.
· Conditions like Ectopia Vesicae
· Conditions like Cystic Hygroma, Lymphangioma, Haemangioma, Hamartoma.
· Cleft lip, Cleft palate, Preauricular sinus, Thyroglossal cyst, Dermoid, Tumours of thyroid, Branchial sinus.
· Tumours like Neuro Blastoma, Tumours of testis, Teratoma, Rhabdomyosarcoma.
· Constriction bands.
· Skin grafting.