|::Departments : Speciality Department : NEUROLOGY|
DEPARTMENT OF NEUROLOGY. |
Department Of Neurology , started in the Year 1997 with one Assistant Professor In Neurology Department.In 2008 the department became full fledged with professor and Assistant Professor . We are conducting Neurology Op regularly .Epilepsy And Stroke patients are given drugs for a duration of One Month.Our total inpatient Strength Is 30 with Male And Female 15 each. Our Department Is Approved For The Tamilnadu Chief Minister’s Comprehensive Health Insurance Scheme For neurological Treatment.We Are Giving Opinion For Neurological Illness Related Patients In The Regional Medical Board. Professor, Asst Professor are also Examiners for BPT Students.
- Name Of The Courses Offered -Pending approval for DM Neurology course.
- Periodic Academic Activities- Teaching MD Postgraduate, BPT Students.
- Research And Publications
- Factors Precipitating Diabetic Foot In South Indian Population, Lancet 2004 By Professor.
- Epilepsy In Malaria, Epilepsia 2007 By Professor
- Seizure Termination By Sensory Stimulation, Epilepsia 2009 By Professor
- Study Of Psuedoseizure In Southindian Rural Population,Journal Of Neuroscience 2006 By Professor.
- Prize And Award Constituted By Department – Awarding prizes for drawing competition for epilepsy patients.
- Best Doctor Award By Dr Tn Medical University To Prof. Of Neurology Commendation Certificate From District Collector In The Year 2012
- Republic Day Award To Professor Of Neurology By District Collector 2010
- CME And Workshop/ Conference.
- National Conference
- Annual Conference Of Indian Academy Of Neurology 2010
- Stroke CME - 2008
- Epilepsy CME -2004 ,2005,2006, 2007,And 2008
- Stroke Awareness Rally – 2010
MRI ( 5 /day) ,
- Number Units In The Department - 1
- O.P Days - 3 Per Week
- Timing - 9 Am To 11 Am
- Bed Strength - 30
- IP/ Unit Admission Days - Monday/Wednesday/Friday
- Special Clinics - Stroke, Epilepsy, Cerebral Palsy
- List Of Investigations
CT Brain (15 / Day)
CSF Tapping 3/ Day
- Other Investigations 200 – 250