K.A.P.Viswanatham Government Medical College, Tiruchirappalli is under the control of Director of Medical Education. It is headed by Prof. Dr. M.K. Muralidharan, M.S., M.Ch.,(Neuro Surgery), joined as Dean of this College on 20.02.2015. He studied his undergraduate in Thanjavur medical college, General Surgery also in Thanjavur medical college and Super speciality in Madurai medical college. He is a very efficient teacher, Good Academic Skills and very good leadership Qualities and good skill in Neuro surgery and General surgery. All academic activities are supervised by the Vice Principal of this College. Within the College campus, all the pre, para clinical and clinical departments are headed by the Head of the Department/Professors, and assisted by the Associate Professors/ Assistant Professors/Tutors.
In Office, there are two sections. (1) Establishment (2) Accounts. There are two Junior Administrative Officer and there is availability of two Office Superintendents to look after Establishment as well as the Accounts section.
Under Establishment, there are nine sections.
(1) Professors, Associate Professors Establishment(E1 Section)
(2) Assistant Professors/Tutor/Sr.Resident Establishment (E2 Section)
(3) Ministerial Staff Establishment (E3 Section)
(4) MBBS Students Section (ME1 Section)
(5) Students Scholarship/MCI Section (ME2 Section)
(6) CRRI & Post Graduate Student section (ME3)
(7) Paramedical students section (PME)
(8) Nursing students section (NE)
(9) Planning & Development section (P&D)
Under Account Section, there are six sections.
(1) Cash Section – (A1 Section)
(2) Professors, Associate Professors Pay bill(A2 Section)
(3) Ministerial Staff Pay bill (A3 Section)
(4) Budget Section (A4 Section )
(5) Machinery,equipments and chemical purchase section (S1 section)
(6) Stationery purchase section (S2 section)