|::: Hospital Services : Blood Bank|
The blood bank services have two divisions, service department and teaching section. Our Blood Bank is functioning since 1970’s when the hospital was in the Head Quarters Cadre.
The Landscape occupies 4500 sq feet. It is ventilated, aerated and well equipped rooms for blood collection and screening.
We have newly established Blood Component Separator Unit from Nov-2012 onwards.
Adequate number of Staffs as per MCI norms.
We serve blood to the poor and needy people in the hospital premises and throughout the district through blood storage centers attached to our blood bank . We serve whole blood and its Component (Packed Red Cell, FFP, Platelets)
We are conducting blood donation camp and awareness programme with the help of all service organization in and around all arts colleges and professional colleges in and around Trichy.
Yearly Statistics -2012 (enclosed)
We regularly carry out academic activities for II MBBS, BPT, DMLT, and Nursing Students.
- Blood Bank Refrigerator
- Deep Freezer
- Refrigerated Centrifuge
- Platelet Agitator
- Laminar Air Flow
- Cell Counter
- Tupe Sealer
- Blood Collection Monitor
- Donor Couches
- Plasma Expresser
- Plasma thawing bath -
- Refrigerator for Kit Storage and refreshment
ACHIEVEMENTS “ Best Blood Bank Award” from Govt. of Tamilnadu in the year 2002- 2003,2005,2006
- Camps and Awareness programmes conducted to collection inconjunction with RRC, YRC, NGO, NCC, NSS, Blood Donors Club, Indian Red Cross Society, Rotaract Clubs.
- Pre donation counseling and post donation counseling given by our Counselor
- All mandatory screening tests done in a precise manner by our Lab Technician by confirmatory (ELISA) methods.
- Those who found to have reactive in any of the mandatory tests are being referred to concerned higher specialties for further management.
- Strict temperatures are maintained and scrutinized for every 2 hours by our staffs
Oct 1st – National Voluntary Blood Donors Day, with aid of Tamil Nadu State AIDS Control Society, Chennai, in order to recognize the high order service of our blood donors and organizers.
- For the past three years, we conduct functions on june 14th (World Blood Donors’ Day)
- We conduct regular camps in Ayyappan Temple since 1996. The voluntary donors nos. have been on raise since then. Maximum voluntary donors nos.10,270 was achieved in the year 2012.
- We conduct meetings for staff in periodical manner for review of our activities and updating the recent.